[JakeShows] Tonight at 8:30 Eastern time, an experiment in online concerts; plus Halloween craziness Saturday and other shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Oct 27 17:38:52 EDT 2011

The CDs are being printed as we speak! It'll take a couple of weeks at least for me to actually get them, as it takes time for the packaging to be printed and assembled, but still it's amazing to see how close I am to the end of the process. Man!

In the meantime, I'm trying a little experiment tonight. Google+ (https://plus.google.com/) has a feature called 'hangouts' where up to nine people can videoconference at a time, and tonight I'm going to see if this can realistically be used to have a sort of small house concert. Details on how I'm hoping it will work can be found below. It'll be first come first serve, but if you'll be around, stop in and check it out! If a ton of people show up I might have a couple of sequential mini-concerts so more people can try it out.

I've also scheduled my first shows for November, both opening for a great Massachusetts band called the Smile Makers, one in Rhode Island and the other in Worcester. If you can make one or the other I recommend it, as I think they're really great!

So here's what I've got:

Thursday October 27 (tonight) -- SOLO SHOW (via INTERNET)
-----------------------------
WHEN: 8:30-9 pm Eastern time (may have a second show if lots of people show up)
WHERE: The Internet, 1060 W. Addision Street

I am going to try as an experiment giving a free local concert from my dining room using Google+'s 'Hangouts' feature.

Go tohttps://plus.google.com/117133455056132362171/ at the appointed time and you should see a note saying that I'm hanging out and inviting you to join me. Click on the link and it should tell you what you need to do to join.

It looks like Google only allows nine people to 'hang out' at a time, so it's first come, first served, I guess! If more people show up than can be accommodated, and some of you don't mind waiting around for a bit, then I may have a second mini-concert at 9 pm.

If you participate, please either wear headphones or a headset or mute your microphone to avoid feedback problems.

Saturday October 29 -- THE KILLDEVILS
-------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: The Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI

Chris Monti and I will be playing as part of a special Halloween show hosted by Daniel Ouellette! I have been given a schedule for the show, which is:

This is an all ages, donations accepted in the witch's hat!
Bring your own drinks of alcohol if you wish, but there will be refreshemnts available.

Come in Costume!
Win a prize!

7:30 doors open
8:00 Denise Moffat
8:35 Chatting and howling
9:00 The Killdevils
9:35 Chatting and cackling
10:00 Daniel Ouellette and the Shobijin
10:35- until close Monster Social Dance party...

Come get your Halloween on and meet or scare people in your community! Come have fun!

Thursday November 3 -- SOLO SHOW (IN WORCESTER)
-------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Beatnik's, 433 Park Avenue, Worcester, MA 01610

Opening for the Smile Makers. Someone will pass the hat at some point. You can hear some of the Smile Makers music at http://www.myspace.com/thesmilemakers .

Friday November 11 -- SOLO SHOW (IN NORTH PROVIDENCE)
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911

Opening for the Smile Makers. A free show with delicious locally-produced food.

And that's what I've got currently through November. As always, you can see what I've got coming up at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

So long,