[JakeShows] Last chance to preorder a CD; hosting an open mike on Thursday in West Bridgwater; DDDB in Pawtucket Saturday

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Sep 6 19:41:20 EDT 2011

Hi all,

What a great weekend! Me and the band finished our first weekend in the studio, and we've got eight tracks that are nearly done (a few things need to be rerecorded on some of them, or additional things added). Jack Hanlon, the upright bass player for the Throttles and other great bands, came in and played on a few tracks. The sessions ended up being productive, efficient, and fun, so I'm really looking forward to the next batch of sessions (which will be in a couple of weeks).

Also, around midday on Sunday, I reached my fundraising goal of $2200 for my Kickstarter campaign, which means that when the campaign ends tomorrow I will actually get a big chunk of the money I need to get this project recorded, mixed, mastered, and released. So, as I said, it was a great weekend!

The kickstarter campaign is still running; as I type this, it will end in about 28 hours, at 11:30 pm Wednesday. So if you are interested in preordering a CD (you'll get the digital downloads of the final album as soon as I get them, and a CD in the mail as soon as I get those, and you'll also get to hear a rough mix of some of the tracks as they're recorded), or in getting any of the other rewards, I encourage you to go to http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/ and sign up.

Blah blah blah. I've also got some shows coming up this week and after:

Thursday September 8 -- SOLO SHOW - OPEN MIKE HOST
--------------------
WHEN: 7:30-10 pm
WHERE: Chili Head Barbeque Company, 320 West Center Street (Rte 106), West Bridgewater, MA

Hosting the Chili Head open mike. I'll play a few songs at the beginning of the night to kick things off.

Saturday September 10 -- DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND - ROCKTUCKET
---------------------
WHEN: 2:30-3:30 pm
WHERE: Main Street, Pawtucket, RI

We're kicking off Rocktucket, part of the Pawtucket Arts Festival. There will be a lot of great music to follow, so I recommend making a day of it. The full list of acts for Rocktucket can be found here: <http://www.pawtucketartsfestival.org/events/September/10/2011/rocktucket>

Tuesday September 13 - OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT - ***CANCELLED***
I'm including this because I mentioned it in previous mailings, but unfortunately On The Dock Grill has closed due to damage from the hurricane. The owner, Dave, is looking for a new place for his restaurant, and the open mike host, Joanne Lurgio, is also looking for a new place to have an open mike, so we'll see what happens.

Sunday September 18 - SOLO SHOW - SINGING OUT AGAINST HUNGER
WHEN: 10-10:30 am
WHERE: Coastal Roasters, 1791 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878

This is a great annual fundraiser for food banks in the East Bay, and I'm happy to be playing in it again. There will be music, raffles, and so on all weekend, so go check it out if you can -- see <http://singingoutagainsthunger.org/Events.html> for the full schedule.

That covers September. I hope to see you around!

Thanks,
http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/