[JakeShows] Acoustic Killdevils show on Friday, GELDERSTOCK on Saturday, and on into August

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Jul 23 10:26:17 EDT 2012

I had a fun time on the Tony Jones Show yesterday evening. If you weren't able to tune in live, an archived version of the show is at <http://www.spreaker.com/user/tonyjones/tony_jones_show_7_22_jacob_haller>.

I think I screwed up the day of the week in my last email, but I'm playing with Chris on Friday of this week. Also, I finally got the details for a festival I'm playing in on Saturday, so see below for information about that as well ...

Friday July 27 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------
WHERE: The Apartment, 373 Richmond Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 7-10 pm
COVER: $10 / $8 in advance

Chris and I are sharing the bill with the Everett Bros Moving Company and the Cannibal Ramblers.

Both are great bands. The Everett Bros Moving Company is a six-piece band that features Matt Everett (who is also in my band the Silent Treatment) and his brother Paul. The Cannibal Ramblers are a really amazing, high voltage blues band that must be seen to be believed.

Saturday July 28 -- SOLO SHOW at GELDERSTOCK in BROOKFIELD, CT
----------------
WHEN: noon-late
WHERE: Gelderstock, 19 Junction Rd, Brookfield, CT 06804
COVER: $25 at door, $20 in advance - preorder tickets at http://www.gelderstock.com/store.html

I'm pleased to be a performer at this music and arts festival in Brookfield, CT! Shuttles run from 19 Junction Street to the festival proper. I should be on around 2 or 2:30 pm and will play a half-hour set.

Saturday August 4 -- J. HALLER & the SILENT TREATMENT
-----------------
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 7-10 pm

Me and the band will split the bill with BebeRequin, a nifty multilingual band featuring Rachel Rasenkrantz Riemer and my accordion and violin player, Matt Everett. If you're coming for dinner I recommend a reservation.

Tuesday August 7 -- J. HALLER & MATT EVERETT -- OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
----------------
WHERE: Blue State Coffee, 300 Thayer Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8-10 pm

I'm the featured act at GotPoetry Live, a poetry open mike! I plan to play some songs solo and some with Matt on violin. Matt may also read some poetry during the open mike.

Saturday August 11 -- J. HALLER & the SILENT TREATMENT
------------------
WHERE: Sandywoods Farm, 43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI 02878
WHEN: 7-10 pm
COVER: $12 / $10 in advance

Sandywoods Farm is a cool new concert hall in Tiverton. There are tables to sit at and people are encouraged to bring dinner. We'll be sharing the bill with the Famous Winter and BebeRequin.

Thursday August 16 -- J. HALLER & the SILENT TREATMENT
------------------
WHERE: The Salon, 57 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 10 pm to late

Touring acts Daniel Ouellette & the Shobijin and Elizabeth Lorrey have asked us to open for them, and Tania Alexander will also be playing. Daniel is always worth checking out and I think this will be a fun show.

Sunday August 26 -- SOLO SHOW -- SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8-10 pm [NOTE UNUSUAL TIME]
COVER: $5

Chuck Williams, Dan Lilley, Kim Jennings, and I will be playing four original songs each, with the third being a theme chosen by the previous month's audience: "Didn't We Just Fix That?" It's always fun to see how different people interpret the theme and I'm looking forward to it -- I'm still figuring out my own approach right now!

Note that Songwriters in the Round has been pushed back to 8 pm (normally it starts at six).

Busy month, August! I hope that you can make it to some of the shows.

See you,