[JakeShows] 'Silent Treatment' debut tomorrow, Killdevils show Friday, upcoming tour, etc.!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Jun 13 10:21:27 EDT 2012

Hi all,

The weather has turned a bit gloomy (though it's nice to have some rain after the drought earlier this year) but there are some pretty exciting developments music-wise which I hope you will all be able to share in.

First is the public premiere of my new group, Jacob Haller and the Silent Treatment. Tomorrow we'll be playing at the Mediator in Providence, and then in a couple of weeks we'll have our first Worcester show at Beatnik's -- see below for details.

I'm also scrambling to put together a tour for early July, and (somewhat astonishingly) it appears to be coming together. I might be looking for an open mike to play at in Philadelphia on Saturday July 7, so if you have any leads on that please let me know.

I'm also participating in the SpinTunes songwriting challenge (it starts in July) so expect some emails from me asking for your votes there.

Enough of that, though -- on to the shows!

Thursday June 14 - SOLO/J. HALLER & the SILENT TREATMENT
----------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: The Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5 suggested

The evening starts with Don Tassone, Joe Auger, William Moretti, and I playing in the round, four songs each. The first round is devoted to our 'signature songs', the second to our 'current best song', the third to a song written specially for the night on the theme 'The Moon Is Too Full', and the fourth a 'Song of Love or Hate'.

I've heard a bit from each of the other songwriters about how they're coming along on the theme song and I think it'll be an interesting collection of songs. I have a special surprise planned for mine. ;-)

After the Four Corners part of the evening is over, me, Joe, and Matt will take the stage and perform for the first time publicly as Jacob Haller and the Silent Treatment. We've been doing a lot of practicing for the show and I really like how the new sound is coming together. I hope that some of you can make it to the show!

Friday June 15 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------
WHEN: 9 pm-12:30 am
WHERE: Oak Hill Tavern, 565 Tower Hill Road, N. Kingstown, RI 02852

Chris and I playing acoustic music - blues, country, original music, and whatever else comes to mind. I'm going to get there early for some dinner, you bet!

Thursday June 28 - J. HALLER & the SILENT TREATMENT IN WORCESTER
----------------
WHEN: 8-11:30 pm
WHERE: Beatnik's, 433 Park Avenue, Worcester, MA 01610

Me, Matt, and Joe will be opening for the Smile Makers and Dusty Cobb. We'll be on first and we'll be playing for tips. Come on down for our Worcester debut!

This is also part of the 'Strangers Helping Strangers' food drive, so please bring a non-perishable food item to donate.

Friday July 6 - SOLO SHOW in BROOKLYN
-------------
WHEN: 8-9 pm
WHERE: Freddy's Bar, 627 5th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY

I think this will kick off the tour (unless I find a last-minute show for July 5). I've played at Freddy's once before and it's a cool performance spot. Another band starts after me at 9, so I will start promptly at 8 pm. If you know anyone who might be interested, please help spread the word!

Sunday July 8 - SOLO SHOW in MARYLAND (OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT)
WHEN: 6-9 pm
WHERE: Capital City Cheesecake, 7071 Carroll Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912

I'll be the featured act at an open mike hosted by rob Hinkal of ilyAIMY. Signup for the open mike starts at 5:30 pm. In addition to cheesecake, you can get sandwiches, beer, and wine. I believe I'll be playing for tips.

I have lots of other fun shows planned for July and August; you can see them at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html> if you're interested.

Hope to see you soon!

Thanks,