[JakeShows] In Somerville Friday, Running Commentary reunites next week, albums available for free download this month, etc.

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue May 1 10:35:39 EDT 2012

Hi all,

My birthday's this month, and to celebrate I've decided to allow people to set their own price (as low as $0) for downloads of my two albums. If you don't have them already you can get them from

http://jacobhaller.bandcamp.com/

If you know anyone you think would be interested, please spread the word!

This month also brings shows at new venues in Somerville, Bristol, and Worcester, my first show with Natalie and Joe since December (and our last show together for the foreseeable future), and my return to the Empire Revue.

What I'm saying is: it looks like it could be a good month.

On to the shows:

Friday May 4 - SOLO SHOW in SOMERVILLE, MA
------------
WHEN: 8-10:30 pm
WHERE: The Armory, 191 Highland Avenue, Somerville, MA 02143
COVER: $10

I'll be sharing the bill with Bonnie Gordon, Joanne Lurgio, and Heather Rose. Joanne won 'Female Vocalist of the Year' in Motif Magazine just last night, so that alone may make it worth it to check out the show. ;-) I think this is my first show in the Boston area as a solo act, so folks in the area, this may be your best chance to see me!

Sunday May 6 - EMPIRE REVUE
------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $8

The Empire Revue is a sort of cabaret/variety show led by Keith Munslow of the Superchief Trio. It features comedy, music, burlesque ... I'm always happy to be asked to participate. This month's show is all about Mother's Day and I will be playing a song on that theme.

Saturday May 12 - JACOB HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
---------------
WHEN: 7:30 pm (doors open at 6:45)
WHERE: The Stone Church Coffee House, First Congregational Church, 280 High Street, Bristol, RI
COVER: $15 (students half off, children under 5 get in free)

Very excited to be playing with Natalie Markward and Joe Auger again! We'll be opening for Anne's Cordial, a great folk/jazz group featuring vocal harmonies by Natalie Markward, Reed Ferenbaugh, and Eva Kendrick, with Joe Auger on drums.

Wednesday May 30 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: The Lucky Dog Music Hall, 89 Green Street, Worcester, MA 01604

A free show. We'll be sharing the stage with the Cannibal Ramblers and a couple of other bands. The Rolling Stones played here in its previous incarnation as Sir Morgan's Cove, so there's some history there ...

That's it for May. Hope to see you at one of the shows, and if you can't make it to any of them, check out <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html> to see what I've got lined up for the future.

Happy May,