[JakeShows] Killdevils in Worcester tonight, solo show in Providence on Friday, plus shows for June

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed May 30 11:07:46 EDT 2012

Hey all,

Welcome to the new, 40-year-old me. So far, seems a lot like the 39-year-old me, but we'll see how it goes -- so far so good!

For today and tomorrow, people can download my two albums from any of the following locations; feel free to let possibly interested friends know.

http://jacobhaller.bandcamp.com/
http://www.reverbnation.com/jacobhaller
http://soundcloud.com/jacob-haller

This week I've got two shows (including one in Worcester tonight), then things calm down for a couple of weeks ... until my first show with my new band!

With my old guitarist, Natalie Markward's, schedule getting busier, she couldn't devote the time to the band that she wanted to, so our final show together earlier this month brought to a close the Running Commentary part of my musical career. I'll miss collaborating with her (though I expect we will occasionally go to blues jams and things like that for a little informal playing), and I'm very glad I had the presence of mind to capture some of the music on my last album, 'Circumstantial Evidence'.

With that said, I'm very excited about the new lineup. First of all, Joe Auger is staying on as drummer and occasional mandolinist, and we're talking about having him sing some harmonies too. He approaches his playing in a very thoughtful, considered way and I'm glad to continue collaborating with him. And as a new member we have Matt Everett of BebeRequin and the Everett Bros. Moving Company, a multi-instrumentalist who will play accordion and fiddle and should bring a completely new sound to the group. We had our first practice last night and I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

OK, on to the shows --

Wednesday May 30 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW in WORCESTER
----------------
WHEN: 9:30 pm
WHERE: Lucky Dog Music Hall, 89 Green Street, Worcester, MA 01604

A free show on the stage where the Rolling Stones once played. Pretty cool!

I'll be playing a set with Chris Monti, and we'll be sharing the bill with a few other bands. The planned schedule is:

* 9:30 Honey Shakers
* 10:20 Jake Haller / Chris Monti - the Killdevils
* 11:10 Everett Brothers
* 12 Cannibal Ramblers

The Cannibal Ramblers are led by Mark Milloff, a RISD professor who plays some super energetic slide guitar blues and who has a penchant for some dirty blues. The Everett Brothers include Matt Everett, who will be one of the musicians in my new band, who hopefully you will all get to hear before too long (our first practice is next week!)

Friday June 1 - SOLO SHOW
-------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Avenue, Providence, RI
COVER: TBA

I'll be opening for touring artists Orange Nichole and Daniel Ouellette & the Shobijin. The show should start right at 8 pm. Should be a riot!

Thursday June 14 - JACOB HALLER & BAND
----------------
WHEN: 8-11 pm
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5 suggested

This is part of Don Tassone's 'Four Corners' series, in which Don and three other songwriters play four songs each in the round. The first round of songs is supposed to be the performer's best song, the second their signature song, the third is on a theme picked the previous month (we'll be writing on 'The Moon Is Too Full'), and the fourth is a Song Of Love Or Hate. The songwriters this month will be me, Joe Auger, William Moretti, and Don Tassone.

This month Don is trying something a little different, and after the Four Corners part of the show is over, he'll have me and my BRAND-NEW BAND play a set of music. This will be our public debut!

I haven't quite written my song yet but I've got some ideas percolating and I think it has potential. It's always fun to hear what people come up with for these theme-based shows; I hope you can make it out!

Friday June 15 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------
WHEN: 9 pm-12:30 am
WHERE: The Oak Hill Tavern, 565 Tower Hill Road, N. Kingstown, RI 02852

Come on down to North Kingstown for some barbecue and blues!

Thursday June 28 -- POSSIBLE BAND SHOW in WORCESTER
WHEN: 8-11:30 pm
WHERE: Beatnik's, 433 Park Avenue, Worcester, MA 01610

We are still checking our schedules, but I'm hoping that my new band will be able to make it and back me up at this show, where we will be opening for the Smile Makers.

Someone will pass the hat at some point.

And that's June, for now at least. Hope to see you all soon!

Thanks,