[JakeShows] Chris Monti's birthday show tomorrow (w/ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS), plus December shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Nov 29 16:06:35 EST 2012

Hey all,

Did you know Chris Monti has a Kickstarter campaign going on? With less than a week to go he's about $100 from his goal -- but I know from experience that the more money he gets, the more he can deal with unexpected expenses, promote the new recordings, and so on. Plus, the music is sure to be great! So if you haven't already, I recommend going to

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1224892875/chris-montis-new-record-three-weddings-and-a-funer

looking at the rewards, and pledging some money.

Tomorrow is also Chris's birthday show (his actual birthday is on Sunday -- happy birthday Chris!) and I hope you can make it to that. It'll feature the first electric Killdevils show in a while, plus lots of other great music.

And I have some other shows lined up that I'm excited about too -- see below for details.

Friday, November 30 -- CHRIS MONTI'S BIRTHDAY SHOW -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS
-------------------
WHEN: 8 pm-midnight
WHERE: Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence, RI 02907 (this may show up as 41 Central Circle on some GPSes)
COVER: $7

For the first time in a while the Killdevils will be playing as an electric four-piece -- Chris and I will play a set with drummer Matt McLaren and upright bassist Jack Hanlon. Chris will also do a solo set and the bluegrass band the Rank Strangers will also play. Not to be missed!

Saturday, December 8 -- J. HALLER & THE SILENT TREATMENT
--------------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $6

Reasons to come to this show:

* Daniel Ouellette & the Shobijin will be playing. Daniel is great and always puts on an excellent show -- reason enough to come! BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE

* Tracie Potochnik will play a set, and will also join me to sing 'Was The Moon Too Full?', one of my favorite songs I never get to do ...

* It's your last chance to see me perform with the Silent Treatment until SPRING 2013!

* I will have some BRAND NEW TEE SHIRTS for sale, illustrated by Scuffy Genius and inspired by 'Watching Killer Robots Eat Your Head'!

* I may bring cookies!

COME ON DOWN!

Friday, December 21 -- ONLINE HOLIDAY SHOW
WHEN: 8:30-11 pm EST
WHERE: The Internet, http://music.jwgh.org/hangout/

Need something to listen to while you're wrapping your presents? Tune into my Google+ page and listen to me and my friends Allysen Callery, Chris Monti, Jenny White, and Timothy Alexander for a night of (probably mostly non-seasonal) music and fun! Ex-Running Commentary member Natalie Markward will also stop in and play a couple of holiday songs. Spread the word!

The show will be simulcast on Google+ and Youtube. http://music.jwgh.org/hangout/ You won't need an account on either to watch.

If you'll be in Providence or nearby and want to be part of the studio audience, then let me know.

That'll be it for 2012. Here's hoping for a great 2013!

So long,