[JakeShows] Chris Monti birthday show & kickstarter; tee shirts; December shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sun Nov 18 15:51:12 EST 2012

Hi all,

I hope that your month is going well. I haven't had a lot of shows, which has had the pleasant side effect that I've had more time for movies, and hanging out with friends, and going to open mikes, and worrying that I'm already behind on my Christmas shopping. But I've got some shows lined up soon and I'm looking forward to getting back to them.

As many of you know, Chris Monti, in addition to being a good friend, has also always been an important part of my history as a musician. Nine years ago, when he asked if I'd be interested in forming a band with him, I said yes, because what else can you say when a musician and songwriter you admire so much asks you to collaborate with him? That was the beginning of me performing music in public, and since then I've been in a bunch of bands with him, have gone on tour with him, and have seen his musical and songwriting skills continue to grow.

He's just recorded a new album, his most personal one yet, and is looking for people to help him release it via Kickstarter. You can pre-order the CD or pledge more money to get other rewards. More information is at

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1224892875/chris-montis-new-record-three-weddings-and-a-funer

I recommend checking it out and helping him to reach his goal. I want to hear the album!

As far as news for me, I've gotten my friend Scuffy to design a tee shirt for me, and hopefully in the next week or two I'll have some actual merchandise to show to you. It's a very cool design (inspired by my song 'Watching Killer Robots eat Your Head') and I hope you all will like it. It'll also be available as a tote bag in case you already have too many shirts.

So here are the shows I have planned for November and December.

Friday, November 30 -- CHRIS MONTI'S BIRTHDAY SHOW -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
-------------------
WHEN: 8 pm-midnight
WHERE: Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence, RI 02907 (this may show up as 41 Central Circle on some GPSes)
COVER: $7

For the first time in a while the Killdevils will be playing as a four-piece! Chris and I will play a set with drummer Matt McLaren and upright bassist Jack Hanlon. Chris will also do a solo set and the bluegrass band the Rank Strangers will also play. Not to be missed!

Saturday, December 8 -- J. HALLER & THE SILENT TREATMENT
--------------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Emprie STreet, Providence, RI
COVER: $6

My scheme to get Fall River's Daniel Ouellette & the Shobijin to play in Providence finally pays off! And BebeRequin and Tracie Potochnik will also be playing, so this will be a fun night of good music all around. Hope you can make it!

This is also probably the last show the Silent Treatment will do until the spring, as Matt has a recording project he'll be working on in the early part of 2013.

Friday, December 21 -- ONLINE HOLIDAY SHOW
WHEN: 8:30-11 pm EST
WHERE: The Internet, https://plus.google.com/117133455056132362171/posts

Need something to listen to while you're wrapping your presents? Tune into my Google+ page and listen to me and my friends Allysen Callery, Chris Monti, Jenny White, and Timothy Alexander for a night of (probably mostly non-seasonal) music and fun! Ex-Running Commentary member Natalie Markward may also stop in and play a couple of holiday songs. Spread the word! The show will be simulcast on Google+ and Youtube. https://plus.google.com/117133455056132362171/posts

If you'll be in Providence or nearby and want to be part of the studio audience, then drop me a note.

And that's it (for now at least) until the new year. Have a great Thanksgiving!

So long,