[JakeShows] A whole passel of shows in September, starting with Thursday this week

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sat Sep 8 23:29:56 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Recorded a couple of new songs this week -- see what you think!

* Pretty Polly (It's Complicated): http://soundcloud.com/jacob-haller/pretty-polly-its-complicated
* The Ballad of the Oregon Highway Division: http://soundcloud.com/jacob-haller/the-ballad-of-the-oregon

And I've also got a bunch of shows coming up this month, including some benefits for some great causes:

Thursday September 13 -- SOLO SHOW -- SWEET LITTLE VARIETY SHOW
---------------------
WHERE: The Roots Cultural Center, 276 Westminster Street, Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 7:30-10:30 pm
COVER: $6

Jen Stevens, who organizes this monthly show, describes it as: "A potpourri of entertainment. We strive to get diverse, local acts together once each month so they can strut their awesome stuff and entertain your cares away."

Saturday September 15 -- w/JOE AUGER -- SINGING OUT AGAINST HUNGER
---------------------
WHERE: Coastal Roasters, 1791 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878
WHEN: 10:30-11 am

I'm proud to be playing once again in this annual fundraiser. Lots of other musicians, including some of my favorite acts, will be playing throughout the weekend -- see <http://singingoutagainsthunger.org/> for the full schedule.

Wednesday September 19 -- SOLO SHOW
----------------------
WHERE: The Salon, 57 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 9:30 pm

Sharing the bill with Pete Avitable, BebeRequin, Laila Aukee, and Mark Miloff.

Saturday September 22 -- SOLO SHOW
---------------------
WHERE: Sandywoods Farm, 43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI 02878
WHEN: 8 pm

A benefit concert to support youth education programs at Sandywoods Farm. Allysen Callery, Whalebone Jackson, and possibly other acts TBA will also play.

Friday September 28 -- SOLO SHOW -- VOICES UNITED FOR SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 7-10 pm

An event supporting Voices United for Separation of Church and State. Allysen Callery and Ed McGuirl will also perform, and there will be drink and food specials. For more information about Voices United, see <http://www.voicesunitedconcerts.com/>.

Saturday September 29 -- w/JOE AUGER
My stepsister Lauren and I will each be providing music for a BBQ in Holland, MA. There will also be a sort of 'open mike' section, so if you'd like you can bring an instrument and some songs.

If you're planning to go, let me know so we can know how many people to expect, and if you need to know where it is, give me a shout and I'll give you the address.

I'm actually planning to take most of October off, which is probably no bad thing, but you can see what else I've got planned at http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html . Hope to see you soon!

So long,