[JakeShows] Singing Out Against Hunger this weekend and a noteworthy show next week

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Sep 14 17:07:45 EDT 2012

Hi all,

A few notes today!

The annual Singing Out Against Hunger benefit starts in Tiverton tonight; the schedule's online at <http://singingoutagainsthunger.org/>. If you can, I recommend checking it out, enjoying some coffee or delicious friend food, breathing in the sea air, listening to some good music, and supporting a good cause.

I've also got a show at the Salon in downtown Providence next week. This show is special for me for a few different reasons, and I wrote a few paragraphs about it here, with videos of all of the performers: http://jwgh.tumblr.com/post/31523861262/a-show-next-week-i-wanted-to-mention

Finally, my friend and musical collaborator Chris Monti is looking for guitar/ukulele/banjo students:

> Hi Everyone,

> I'm living in Somerville these days but I'm in PVD to teach and do some music-therapy work on Tuesdays and I'm trying to make the most of my gas money. I'm looking to pick up a guitar/ukulele/banjo student on Tuesday nights around Providence if you or anyone you know, kid or adult, is looking for lessons.

> I teach folk, rock, west-african dance music, old-time, bluegrass, finger-picking... and I can more-or-less teach you any song you want to learn.

> Please pass this along if you know anyone who might be looking for lessons.

> Thanks so much!

> -chris

> 401-374-4478

And that's all I've got to say right now! Here are the show details:

Saturday September 15 -- w/JOE AUGER -- SINGING OUT AGAINST HUNGER
---------------------
WHERE: Coastal Roasters, 1791 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878
WHEN: 10:30-11 am

I'm proud to be playing once again in this annual fundraiser. Lots of other musicians, including some of my favorite acts, will be playing throughout the weekend -- see <http://singingoutagainsthunger.org/> for the full schedule.

Wednesday September 19 -- SOLO SHOW
----------------------
WHERE: The Salon, 57 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 9:30 pm

Sharing the bill with Pete Avitable, BebeRequin, Laila Aukee, and Mark Miloff. Videos and reasons why I'm really looking for this show are here: http://jwgh.tumblr.com/post/31523861262/a-show-next-week-i-wanted-to-mention

Saturday September 22 -- SOLO SHOW
---------------------
WHERE: Sandywoods Farm, 43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI 02878
WHEN: 7-11 pm

A benefit concert to support youth education programs at Sandywoods Farm. Allysen Callery, Whalebone Jackson, and possibly other acts TBA will also play.

Friday September 28 -- SOLO SHOW -- VOICES UNITED FOR SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 7-10 pm

An event supporting Voices United for Separation of Church and State. Allysen Callery and Ed McGuirl will also perform, and there will be drink and food specials. For more information about Voices United, see <http://www.voicesunitedconcerts.com/>.

Saturday September 29 -- w/JOE AUGER
My stepsister Lauren and I will each be providing music for a BBQ in Holland, MA. There will also be a sort of 'open mike' section, so if you'd like you can bring an instrument and some songs.

If you're planning to go, let me know so we can know how many people to expect, and if you need to know where it is, give me a shout and I'll give you the address.

I'm actually planning to take most of October off, which is probably no bad thing, but you can see what else I've got planned at http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html . Hope to see you soon!

So long,