[JakeShows] Voices United benefit tonight, party in Holland, MA, tomorrow, and into October

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Sep 28 11:15:16 EDT 2012

Hello all,

Tonight I'll be singing 'The Ballad of Anne Hutchinson', plus some other songs that are probably less appropriate, and celebrating Rhode Island's tradition of religious freedom at the Locals. There are lots of other shows like this going on around New England (and around the United States in general), so I recommend searching one out! For more information, see http://www.voicesunitedconcerts.com .

Then tomorrow there'll be a good old music party at my dad's house. I'll play a solo set and my stepsister Lauren's band will also play. I think it'll be a lot of fun; if you're around and interested in going, email me for directions and details.

At that will be it for September. I do have a few things planned for October which I'll include below, but in general I'm trying to take it easy ... we'll see how that goes!

Friday September 28 -- SOLO SHOW -- VOICES UNITED FOR SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
-------------------
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 7-10 pm

An event supporting Voices United for Separation of Church and State. Art Toegemann and Ed McGuirl will also perform, and there will be drink and food specials. For more information about Voices United, see <http://www.voicesunitedconcerts.com/>.

Saturday September 29 -- SOLO SHOW
---------------------
WHERE: My dad's house in Holland, MA
WHEN: 2-10 pm

My stepsister Lauren and I will each be providing music for a BBQ in Holland, MA. There will also be a sort of 'open mike' section, so if you'd like you can bring an instrument and some songs. This party will happen rain or shine.

If you're planning to go, let me know so we can know how many people to expect, and if you need to know where it is, give me a shout and I'll give you the address.

Sunday October 7 -- EMPIRE REVUE
----------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8 pm
COVER: $8

Playing a song as part of the Empire Revue cabaret show. It will be a song about coffee.

Friday October 19 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
-----------------
WHERE: Sandywoods Farm, 43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI 02878
WHEN: 7-10 pm
COVER: $8 in advance/$10 at the door

Sandywoods has been having some great shows featuring local music this year, and I'm pleased to be able to perform there with Chris Monti as the Killdevils. We'll be opening for an excellent band from Worcester named the Smile Makers.

There will be plenty of tables, and packing a picnic dinner is recommended -- I plan to!

Wednesday October 24 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm

Chris and I will be opening for BebeRequin.

That covers it for now, I think. Hope to see you around!

Thanks,