[JakeShows] Kickstarter launched; Killdevils reunite; the return of the Smile Makers; and other music too!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Aug 20 15:36:04 EDT 2013

Hey all,

Those of you who have talked to me recently are probably aware that I have been spending a lot of time planning out my next album. There's a lot I want to do with it, a bunch of cool things which, with your help, I think I can accomplish. If you're interested in pre-ordering the album, or in getting one of the other cool rewards I've put together, please go to

http://jwgh.org/kickstarter

and send me a pledge; the more I get, the more I can do!

With that plea for money out of the way, let's see what I've got coming up. Turns out: a lot! The electric Killdevils are reuniting for one show only at Nick-a-Nees on Saturday this week; then I'm heading to Portsmouth to help them celebrate their 375th anniversary on September 1; then I'm celebrating America (and Rhode Island)'s tradition of religious freedom on September 6; then I'm opening for one of my favorite bands, the Smile Makers, at one of my favorite venues, Sandywoods, on September 13; then I'm opening Fusion Fest in Warren on September 21; and finally I'm helping Don Tassone celebrate the Mediator Stage with a special Four Corners show on September 26.

That is maybe a little overwhelming to read, and I think it will be a little crazy to perform (considering there's also two days in a recording studio in there), but I hope I will come out of it a stronger and better man.

Here are the details for these shows, in hopefully a more easily digestible form:

Saturday August 24 - ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS REASSEMBLE!
------------------
WHEN: 9:30 pm
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

Ten years ago, Chris Monti and I played our first show together as the Killdevils -- which was also my first time playing a show in public ever. Ten years later, we're reunited the electric version of the band, with Jeff Keithline on bass and Matt McLaren on drums, and we'll be playing our only show in Providence at Nick-a-Nees, the best bar in town.

I'm also going to bring these guys into the studio with me for the first time to record a few songs for my next album. Man, just thinking about it makes me smile!

Look, these are all great shows I've got coming up, but this one will be particularly special. I hope you can make it.

Sunday September 1 -- w/JOE AUGER -- FAMILY PICNIC DAY IN PORTSMOUTH
------------------
WHEN: noon
WHERE: Glen Park on Frank Coelho Drive, Portsmouth, RI 02871

There will be music, food, and other activities throughout the day. I'll be playing around 2:30-3:15 pm. More information can be found at http://www.portsmouthri375.com/picnic.html .

Friday September 6 -- w/JOE AUGER -- VOICES UNITED FOR SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: The Black Box Theatre in Artists' Exchange, 50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI
COVER: $20

I am proud to live in Rhode Island, with its long history of religious freedom, and I'm pleased to be playing at this event celebrating the separation of church and state. I'll be opening for Shelley Segal, an Australia-based singer-songwriter who is involved in secular activism.

Friday September 13 -- w/JOE AUGER
-------------------
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: Sandywoods, 43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI 02878
COVER: $8 in advance/$10 at the door

This show will be great! I have long been a fan of the Smile Makers, and I feel they have just been getting better and better as they continue to play. I'm looking forward to opening for them at Sandywoods, one of my favorite venues in Rhode Island.

I said above that the electric Killdevils show was going to be really special. Well, it will. But if you've got space in your schedule for two shows, I think this will be a great night.

Saturday September 21 -- w/JOE AUGER
---------------------
WHEN: noon
WHERE: Warren, RI

I just got booked to play this today, so I don't have a lot of details yet, other than that Joe and I will be playing at noon for roughly 25-30 minutes, and that Allysen Callery, Haunt the House, and Mark Cutler will also be on the bill. I'll send out another email when I know more!

Thursday September 26 -- SOLO SHOW
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

Mediator Stage anniversary show! Twenty songwriters will play two songs each, one on a selected theme.

Have a great day!

So long,
Jacob Haller
http://jwgh.org/kickstarter/