[JakeShows] September shows: Portsmouth, Cranston, Sandywoods, Warren, Providence

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sat Aug 31 00:08:59 EDT 2013

Huh, I'm kind of doing a little tour of Rhode Island in September. How about that?

I'm still raising money for my next album via Kickstarter; see <http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/> for details. The campaign ends in slightly over a week, on September 9, and we're currently about 65% of the way to my basic goal of $1750 -- getting there!

The most popular things that people are choosing for rewards are the CD itself ($10) and the CD plus a shirt designed by San Francisco artist Andrew Farago for a song from the new album, but I've also got some takers for various baked goods and knitted goods.

If I reach the basic goal then I'll definitely have enough to record and release the album, but if I raise a bit more, at $2000, then I should have enough to add a couple of covers to it (the Flaming Lips' "Waterbugs" and Tom Waits's "Way Down In The Hold"), and if I raise more than that, well, I have plans for that too. So please help spread the word about this!

In unrelated news, the lineup for the show on Friday September 13 has changed a bit. Unfortunately, the Smile Makers are no longer unable to play the show, but one of its members, Eric Donaldson, will still be playing as a solo performer -- and another great local performer, Tracie Potochnik, will be filling out the bill. So that will still be a great night of music, and (confidentially) if you have to pick one of my shows this month to go to, I would recommend this one.

Which is not to say the other shows won't also be a lot of fun! Here's what I've got coming up:

Sunday September 1 - w/JOE AUGER - FAMILY DAY IN PORTSMOUTH, RI
------------------
WHEN: noon-5 pm
WHERE: Glen Park on Frank Coelho Drive, Portsmouth, RI 02871

A nice day for a family outing, with lots of activities for families and music all day! Details are at http://www.portsmouthri375.com/picnic.html .

There appears to be a bit of confusion as to exactly when Joe and I will be playing, but it sounds like it will be around 2:30 or 3 pm and will last about 30-40 minutes.

Friday September 6 -- w/JOE AUGER - VOICES UNITED FOR SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE
------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Artists' Exchange, 50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI
COVER: $20 (funds go to Americans United)

I am proud to live in Rhode Island, with its long history of religious freedom, and I'm pleased to be playing at this event celebrating the separation of church and state. I'll be opening for Shelley Segal, an Australia-based singer-songwriter who is involved in secular activism.

Friday September 13 -- w/JOE AUGER
-------------------
WHEN: 7 pm
WHERE: Sandywoods, 43 Muse Way, Tiverton, RI 02878
COVER: %8 in advance/$10 at the door

I'm sad that the Smile Makers aren't able to play the show, but I think we've managed to pull together a pretty great show in their absence! I'll be headlining the show, with Eric Donaldson opening, and Tracie Potochnik also playing a set.

Saturday September 21 -- w/JOE AUGER -- FUSION FEST
---------------------
WHEN: noon
WHERE: somewhere in Warren, RI

I don't have the details yet, but I know I'll be opening a day of waterfront festivities with a short set from noon to 12:30. I understand that Haunt the House, Allysen Callery, and Mark Cutler will all also be performing. I'll send out another message when I have more information.

Thursday September 26 -- SOLO SHOW
WHEN: 7-11 pm
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

Four Corners anniversary show! Twenty songwriters will play two songs each, one on the theme "Castles".

And that brings September to a close. Man! See you on the other side.

So long,
Jacob Haller
http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/