[JakeShows] My last show of 2013 and first show of 2014, contest update, and looking back

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Dec 30 18:15:21 EST 2013

Hi all,

It's been quite a year for music! While staying fairly local, I played a bunch of new venues, shared the stage with some great musicians, sold some new tee shirts, recorded (but did not release) a new album, played at a festival celebrating my hero Anne Hutchinson, won 'Video of the Month' on WooTube for May, started a podcast, and generally had a good old time.

Thanks to everyone who has come to a show, or bought an album or a shirt from me, or pledged money to my Kickstarter, or listened to my podcast, or (in general) helped spread the word about me and my music!

It's also been a tough year for venues, with the Locals in North Providence closing its doors and Sandywoods stopping new bookings due to low turnout. (Sandywoods does have a bunch of existing shows booked well into the new year, though, so I recommend checking out their calendar at http://www.sandywoodsmusic.com/current-and-upcoming-shows.html.) If you don't already, please support live music and go out to some shows this year if you can; it's definitely the case that good venues need your help.

And, before I get to my upcoming shows (two of them are this week!) I want to mention the WooTube Video of the Year contest once again. The contest runs until January 16; I'm currently in the lead by 1%, but that could easily evaporate ... so if you haven't already, please click on the link:

http://micropoll.com/a/mpview/1138978-3843442

and vote for me. No registration is required, and it shouldn't take more than a few seconds. I really appreciate your help!

On to my last show of the year -- tomorrow night! -- and my first show of the new year, on Saturday.

Tuesday December 31 - EMPIRE REVUE / NEW YEAR'S EVE
-------------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI 02907
WHEN: 9 pm-1 am
COVER: $15 - order in advance at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/529605

It's a very special New Year's Eve Empire Revue show starting at 9pm with an even more special dance party and countdown with the Superchief trio after the show! As always at the Revue, there will be great music and great comedy; I'll be performing a song. I'm looking forward to it!

Saturday January 4 - SOLO SHOW
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Avenue, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8:30 pm

Steve Allain hosts the Saturday Songwriter Sessions at Brooklyn Coffee & Tea and has kindly invited me to play there on Saturday, along with Rupert Wates and Garry Foisy. Steve will play a few songs to start things off, then the rest of us will play half-hour sets. I'm looking forward to starting off the year with these folks, and I hope you can make it down too!

That's all I have booked for January currently, but I'm starting to get back in the booking groove, so we'll see what else comes my way. I hope that 2013 ends well for you all, and that you have a spectacular 2014!

Thanks again for everything,
http://yoursongpodcast.tumblr.com/