[JakeShows] Tonight's show cancelled. Plus, VOTE FOR ME! and two new shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Dec 6 10:56:41 EST 2013

Hi all,

I got a note that the show tonight (where I was to open for musical improv group 'Pipes') has been cancelled, as the venue does not have heat. I was looking forward to seeing Pipes again, so this is a disappointment, but hopefully this will be rescheduled soon.

In happier news: Do you remember last May, when I won the 'WooTube Video of the Month' award? That put me in the running for the 'Video of the Year' award, and voting started just yesterday; you can vote here:

http://micropoll.com/t/KFBFwZQ54P

So far I am actually doing pretty well, just a few votes behind the frontrunner, and I think that with your help, I could actually win! So if you have a few seconds, and you haven't already voted, then please click on the link above and vote for me!

Finally, I've added a couple of new shows this month:

* On Sunday, Chris Monti and I have been asked to play at an open house at a luthier's shop in North Kingstown called Shady Lea Guitars, which should be pretty cool; I'm looking forward to checking out all the pretty, pretty guitars.

* Then a week from today I've been asked to provide some musical breaks during a puppet show in Providence. This sort of opportunity must not be turned down if at all possible!

Full details are:

Sunday December 8 -- KILLDEVILS SHOW
-----------------
WHERE: Shady Lea Guitars, The Mill at Shady Lea
215 Shady Lea Rd., North Kingstown, RI 02852
WHEN: 2:30 pm

Chris Monti and I will play a set at 2:30 pm at Shady Lea Guitars as part of an open studio weekend at the Mill at Shady Lea. The open studio will go from noon to 5 pm, and there will be food and drinks.

Friday December 13 - SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHERE: Blood from a Turnip, AS220's '95 Empire' studio
95 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 10 pm
COVER: $5

I'll be providing occasional music breaks during a puppet show, featuring Puppetkabob, Snowflake Man, Mashu Wezasu, and Bonky Dolls.

Tuesday December 31 - SOLO SHOW/EMPIRE REVUE
-------------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm-1 am
COVER: $15

A very special New Year's Eve Empire Revue show starting at 9pm with an even more special dance party and countdown with the Superchief trio after the show. I'll play a song!

Advance tickets can be purchased here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/529605

That's it for December, but I'll throw in a show I have booked for early January:

Saturday January 4 - SOLO SHOW
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Avenue, Providence, RI
WHEN: 7 pm

Steve Allain hosts the Rhode Island Songwriters Association's Saturday Songwriter Sessions. I'll share the stage with Steve and two other performers.

Have a great weekend, all!

So long,