[JakeShows] July shows: Providence, Salem, North Kingstown

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Jul 5 10:00:32 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I hope you all had a good Independence Day.

Got a lot of stuff going on right now -- I'm working on starting up a podcast, I'm planning out my next album, and I've got a brand new song that I'm debuting on Sunday which I'm pretty excited about. More later about those first two items ...

Here's what I've got coming up this month:

Sunday July 7 - EMPIRE REVUE
-------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $8

This is the Empire Revue's 7th anniversary show (and on 7/7 to boot). When Keith asked me if I wanted to be in it, the obvious answer was yes! I've written a new song just for the show; it features the number seven heavily and I'm pretty proud of it, and am excited to play it with the Empire Revue house band. Hopefully there will be video!

Saturday July 13
----------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Gulu-Gulu Café, 247 Essex St., Salem, MA

I'm opening for the excellent Daniel Ouellette and am looking forward to once again experiencing his strange, witty music and stage show! This is part of his U.S. tour, and will also be my first time playing in Salem.

More of Daniel's tour dates can be seen here: http://www.reverbnation.com/danielouelletteandtheshobijin He's playing shows in California, Oregon, New Jersey, and North Carolina.

Sunday July 14 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
--------------
WHEN: 6 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

I'll be hosting Songwriters in the Round, where four songwriters (me, Kala Farnum, Bill Nottage, and Amy Herrera) will be playing four songs each, one of which will be on a theme picked last month: "The Lost Traveling Artist." It's always fun to see what people come up with, and AS220 provides a nice environment for these shows.

Sunday July 21 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------
WHEN: 4-8 pm
WHERE: Oak Hill Tavern, 565 Tower Hill Road, N. Kingstown, RI 02852

Chris Monti will be playing music, including covers and originals. Come down, enjoy some good food, and listen to the music!

This is strictly speaking in August, but since it's on the 1st I thought I'd include it:

Thursday August 1 -- OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
WHEN: 7:30-11 pm
WHERE: Amazing Things Art Center, 160 Hollis Street, Framingham, MA 01702
COVER: $6

I'll be the featured act at Dan Cloutier's open mike at the Amazing Things Art Center. They have a nice piano there so I'll definitely spend some of my time at the keyboard ...

And that's July! (And the first bit of August.) You can see what else I've got scheduled here: <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>, and be assured that there's exciting news to come. Have a great summer!

So long,