[JakeShows] Show in Portsmouth added July 21, plus my songs on TV, plus other shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Jul 12 00:06:39 EDT 2013

Hi folks,

Busy times in Providence, and I'm feeling pretty productive! I wrote a new song called 'Seven Years of Fat' which I think I'll put on my next album; you can hear me singing it with the Empire Revue Band here: <http://music.jwgh.org/lyrics/othersongs/SevenYearsOfFat.html> and I'm working on another song for this coming weekend, though that one still needs some work.

Normally I try to send out one email a month, but a couple of things in July cropped up unexpectedly, so I thought I'd send this supplementary message. The two new things are:

(1) On July 17, a couple of my songs will be featured on the New England Cable News Morning Show -- 'Circumstantial Evidence' and 'Blame the Train'. I'm told they will be played sometime between 7 and 9 am on that date, so if you're up and you get NECN, you can tune in and see what they say about it.

(2) In news that is very exciting to me, the Friends of Anne Hutchinson have asked me to play my Anne Hutchinson song (plus a few others) at an event celebrating the 37th anniversary of Hutchinson's landing in Portsmouth. It'll be an early afternoon event at Founder's Brook Park and seems like a nice way to spend a summer afternoon; I would bring my knitting if I weren't playing. Details are below!

I also have the shows that were in my last mailing, including the one tomorrow (Saturday) in Salem that I'm really looking forward to! If you know anyone near Salem who might be interested in that one, please help spread the word.

Here's what I've got for the rest of the month, plus one show in August:

Saturday July 13
----------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Gulu-Gulu Café, 247 Essex St., Salem, MA

I'm opening for the excellent Daniel Ouellette and am looking forward to once again experiencing his strange, witty music and stage show! This is part of his U.S. tour, and will also be my first time playing in Salem.

More of Daniel's tour dates can be seen here: http://www.reverbnation.com/danielouelletteandtheshobijin He's playing shows in California, Oregon, New Jersey, and North Carolina.

Sunday July 14 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
--------------
WHEN: 6 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

I'll be hosting Songwriters in the Round, where four songwriters (me, Kala Farnum, Bill Nottage, and Amy Herrera) will be playing four songs each, one of which will be on a theme picked last month: "The Lost Traveling Artist." It's always fun to see what people come up with, and AS220 provides a nice environment for these shows.

Sunday July 21 -- WITH JOE AUGER
--------------
WHEN: 12:45 pm
WHERE: Founder's Brook Park, off Boyd's Lane in Portsmouth, RI

The Friends of Anne Hutchinson have asked me to play some of my music to help celebrate the 375th anniversary of the founding of Portsmouth, RI. I'll play for about half an hour starting at 12:45 pm, then later will play my song 'The Ballad of Anne Hutchinson'. I'm very excited to participate in this celebration of one of my heroes, and I'm psyched that Mr. Joe Auger has agreed to join me on mandolin!

Sunday July 21 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------
WHEN: 4-8 pm
WHERE: Oak Hill Tavern, 565 Tower Hill Road, N. Kingstown, RI 02852

Chris Monti will be playing music, including covers and originals. Come down, enjoy some good food, and listen to the music!

This is strictly speaking in August, but since it's on the 1st I thought I'd include it:

Thursday August 1 -- OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
WHEN: 7:30-11 pm
WHERE: Amazing Things Art Center, 160 Hollis Street, Framingham, MA 01702
COVER: $6

I'll be the featured act at Dan Cloutier's open mike at the Amazing Things Art Center. They have a nice piano there so I'll definitely spend some of my time at the keyboard ...

Hope to see you all soon! I hope you're having a good summer.

So long,