[JakeShows] August: the Electric Killdevils reconvene in Providence, plus shows in Framingham, Bristol, and Easthampton

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Jul 31 09:43:12 EDT 2013

Hi all,

Things are winding down a bit as I'm starting to focus on organizing my next album, which I'm planning to record in September and October, but I do have a few shows planned for August. (Beyond that, you can see what I've got scheduled at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.)

I'm pleased that I've got a couple of shows in Massachusetts at venues I haven't played before -- tomorrow I'm the featured act at the Amazing Things Arts Center open mike in Framingham, and Saturday August 17 I'm playing at the Luthier's Co-Op in Easthampton. I'm hoping some of you can make it out to one or the other of those shows!

But the real excitement is the temporary reuniting of the electric version of the Killdevils. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of Chris Monti and I playing as the Killdevils, we've asked Matt McLarin (drums) and Jeff Keithline (bass) to join us for a show at Nick-a-Nees late in the month. (We'll also be playing a private party in Worcester.) Then, in September, we'll go into the recording studio and record a few songs for my next album. We haven't performed together since 2009, and I'm really excited about playing with these guys again!

Here are all the show details:

Thursday August 1 -- OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT - SOLO SHOW
-----------------
WHEN: 7:30-11 pm
WHERE: 160 Hollis Street, Framingham, MA 01702
COVER: $6

Dan Cloutier runs this open mike, and has developed a nice community of musicians who regularly attend. I'm looking forward to playing some songs here!

Saturday August 3 - FARMER'S MARKET - SOLO SHOW
-----------------
WHEN: 9 am-1 pm
WHERE: Mount Hope Farm, 250 Metacom Avenue, Bristol, RI 02809

I'll be playing for tips at this nifty farmer's market in Bristol. Mount Hope Farm itself is a nice place and worth checking out. Hope to see you there!

Saturday August 17 -- SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 7 pm
WHERE: The Luthier's Co-Op, 108 Cottage Street, Easthampton, MA

I'll play an hour-long set, opening for The Sheryl Stanton Band and headliners Shokazoba. Show up early if you want to look at the instruments; I plan to! <http://www.luthiers-coop.com>

Saturday August 24 -- THE ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

This is it, the big reunion! We don't plan to have any other shows, so this is your chance to see Chris Monti, Matt McLaren, Jeff Keithline, and me playing together for the first time since 2009. Hope to see you there! Dogs are welcome, and meatball sandwiches are available for purchase at the bar.

... and that's it for August right now. Hope you can make it to a show, and if not, hopefully I'll see you around!

So long,