[JakeShows] Thursday venue change, Pete Seeger tribute show on Sunday, and March shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Feb 25 16:24:23 EST 2014

Hi folks,

This has been a strange year for shows -- already I've had more shows moved, cancelled, or rescheduled than in many years. On the bright side, some unexpected shows have popped up, too.

The two shows this week are cases in point -- Thursday's show (I'm part of the Sweet Little Variety Show) just got moved from the Fatt Squirrel to Local 121. And on Sunday I've been asked, somewhat last minute, to be in a Pete Seeger tribute show at Nick-a-Nees.

Here are the details:

Thursday February 27 - SOLO SHOW/SWEET LITTLE VARIETY SHOW
--------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Local 121, 121 Washington Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $6

The Sweet Little Variety Show is a monthly variety show and cabaret; I'm pleased to have been asked to play a couple of songs in it!

Also on the bill: musicians Liv Lombardi and Jose Docen, storyteller Clare Blackmer, poet Gabrielle Gibson, performance artist Yunus Quddus, burlesque performer Lucky Azzurra, and some Polynesian fusion hula dancers. Check it out!

Local 121 is a restaurant specializing in locally-produced food, and I believe I'll get there a bit early for some dinner. I believe that food and drinks (definitely drinks) will be available during the show.

Sunday March 2 - SOLO SHOW/PETE SEEGER TRIBUTE
--------------
WHEN: 4-6 pm
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

I've been invited to be part of this late afternoon Pete Seeger tribute show, where I will be performing 'Waist Deep In The Big Muddy' and perhaps some other songs. Other performers will include Bill Harley, Mark Cutler, Daniel Ray Lilley, RI Feminist Chorus, Kate Katzberg, Dylan Lucas Block-Harley and it should be a lot of fun!

Since it's somewhat relevant, and I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, I will note that earlier this month I released a special episode of my 'Tell Me About Your Song' series in which I talked to a few people about Pete Seeger. The episode's just over 30 minutes long, and you can listen to it online at:

http://yoursongpodcast.tumblr.com/post/75790100796/for-this-special-episode-i-called-up-some-past

Or you can get it through iTunes at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tell-me-about-your-song/id697893300?mt=2 .

Wednesday March 19 - SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 7 pm
WHERE: The Bread Box, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 220 Valley Street, Willimantic, CT
COVER: $5

I'll be playing a 20-25 minute set as part of the Bread Box's songwriter showcase series, with all proceeds to go to the Covenant Soup Kitchen and Emergency Food Pantry. This is a great venue, and I'm looking forward to playing here again!

Saturday March 22 - SOLO SHOW
WHEN: 11 am - 1 pm
WHERE: Java Madness, 134 Salt Pond Road, Wakefield, RI

I'll be playing for tips at this nifty coffee shop.

That takes me through March, at which point I'm hopeful that spring will be on the way and some of the more egregious potholes will have been filled in around town. Hope to see you soon!

Thanks,
http://yoursongpodcast.tumblr.com/