[JakeShows] Fiddlers & Fishermen tonight; plus, February shows in Rhode Island and Lowell

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sat Jan 25 12:48:55 EST 2014

Hey all,

It's a warmish winter afternoon in Providence, and I've had a bit of a lazy morning -- but later today I'll be going to Common Fence Point in Portsmouth, RI to hand off the ceremonial clam rake to this year's host of 'The Gathering of Fiddlers and Fishermen', a show which is always an early highlight of my year.

It has always sold out; I think there are currently a few tickets left, though, so if you're interested in going -- and you should be! -- you can order one of the remaining ones here:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/448052

This will be my only show in January, but I do have a few things booked for February, including a show or two with Joe Auger. Here are the details:

Saturday January 25 - FIDDLERS & FISHERMEN
-------------------
WHEN: Today at 6:30 pm
WHERE: Common Fence Music, 933 Anthony Road, Portsmouth, RI
COVER: $15

A bunch of amateur and professional local musicians get together to play a couple of songs each in this annual event; the audience sits at picnic tables and enjoys a communal picnic dinner while it all goes on. This show is always a blast!

Thomas Dukstra will host and I know that Allysen Callery will be among the performers.

As noted, this has always sold out, but right now tickets are still available here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/448052

If you can't get a ticket, you can still go and, if you can't get in initially, you can hang out outdoors and wait for people to leave -- that's what I did the first time I went to F&F.

Saturday February 1 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND ANNIVERSARY SHOW - w/JOE AUGER
-------------------
WHEN: 8:30 pm
WHERE: AS2201, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $10

A celebration of the Rhode Island Songwriters Association's 'Songwriters in the Round' series featuring the hosts and their invited guests, all of whom played SitR in 2013. I'll play as a solo act early, and then will close out the night in a set with Joe Auger.

Saturday February 8
-------------------
WHEN: 1-3 pm
WHERE: Brew'd Awakening Coffeehaus, 61 Market Street, Lowell, MA 01852

Eric Donaldson and I will trade sets at this coffee shop!

Saturday February 15
--------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Ave, Providence, RI

Steve Allain hosts RISA's Saturday Songwriter Sessions. I'll share the stage with Steve and two other performers.

Saturday February 22
--------------------
WHEN: 11 am-1 pm
WHERE: Java Madness, 134 Salt Pond Road, Wakefield, RI

Playing for tips at this nifty coffeehouse.

Thursday February 27 - SWEET LITTLE VARIETY SHOW
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: The Fatt Squirrel, 150 Chestnut Street, Providence, RI 02903
COVER: $6

The Sweet Little Variety Show is a monthly variety show and cabaret; I'm pleased to have been asked to play a couple of songs in it!

So long,