[JakeShows] October: 'Same Ole Changes' at AS220, Seven Second Delay in Jersey City

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Oct 1 18:24:44 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I finally sent all my tax stuff for 2013 to my accountant!  Let's see what else is going on this month.

Thursday October 9 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
------------------
WHEN: 7-8:30 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI

I'll be hosting Songwriters in the Round, with the other performers being Tim Young, Jason Valcourt, and Nate Cozzolino. We'll perform four songs each, one on the theme 'Same Ole Changes'.

I was going to try to write my song tonight, but instead I think I will wrap up some podcast stuff and then watch old Star Trek episodes with some friends.

Sometimes, I make poor decisions.

Friday, October 10 - SOLO SHOW in NEW JERSEY
------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: WFMU's Monty Hall, 43 Montgomery Avenue, Jersey City, NJ
COVER: $5

I will be playing for two minutes and 35 seconds in a sort of variety show/open mike hosted by Ken Freedman and Andy Breckman of WFMU's experimental call-in show Seven Second Delay.

At the end of the night, the person judged to have the best performance will get a cash prize of some sort.

I don't know what exactly to expect, but Ken and Andy are grumpy and funny, and I think this will be a fun night.  If you want to be in the audience to cheer me on, please come on down!

And that's October.

Incidentally, there's a thing called the Northeast Regional Folk Alliance (or NERFA) in Kerhonkson, NY from Thursday November 13 through Sunday the 16th, and I've decided to go to it for the first time ever, which has me a bit nervous.  If you, or anyone you know, plans to be there, then let me know, and perhaps we can meet up!

So long,
http://tellmeaboutyoursong.com/