[JakeShows] August shows: Farmers market, Killdevils show, and Providence Folk Festival!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Aug 4 18:51:13 EDT 2015

Hey all,

Quite the summer we’ve got going, isn’t it?  I hope you’re all having a good time.

I have a few shows of note this month, including MCing the Providence Folk Festival’s RISA stage for the second time.  Very exciting!  I’ve put together a whole new lineup, and I’m really looking forward to the show.

As with last year, the Providence Folk Festival is having an online fundraiser to help cover the costs of producing the festival and paying the performers.  If you have the money and inclination to chip in, I would be very grateful.  The fundraiser can be found here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-providence-folk-festival-2015--2/#/story

With that said, here’s the information about the shows:

Sunday August 9 - FARMERS MARKET
---------------
WHERE: Slater Park, Pawtucket, RI
WHEN: noon-3 pm

Come for the greens, stay for the music!  I'll be playing for tips.  More information about this farmers market can be found here: http://www.farmfresh.org/food/farmersmarkets_details.php?market=30

Sunday August 16 - KILLDEVILS SHOW
----------------
WHERE: Oak Hill Tavern, 565 Tower Hill Road, N. Kingstown, RI 02852
WHEN: 4-8 pm

Chris Monti and I will be filling the restaurant with our renditions of blues, americana, and original tunes.  The food's good too!

Sunday August 30 - PROVIDENCE FOLK FESTIVAL
----------------
WHERE: Roger Williams National Memorial, 282 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: noon - 6 pm

I'll be hosting the RISA stage, and there will be tons of great music at that stage and the main stage.  On the RISA stage, we'll have:

* me
* Marc Douglas Berardo
* Michael Couto
* Generations (Mike & Aleksi Glick)
* Lara Herscovitch
* Jan Luby
* Alissa Musto
* Grace Rennic
* Carolyn Waters

On the main stage, which will be hosted by Steve Allain and Tracie Potochinik, there will be:

* Cardboard Ox (aka Tracie and Steve)
* The Rank Strangers
* Kala Franham
* Dan Lilley & the Keepers (w/Amy Bedard)
* Sync or Swim
* Tiffany Rozenas
* Shamanic

More information can be found in the facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/871155336265577/ -- and, as noted previously, you can help fund the festival by contributing to its IndieGoGo campaign at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-providence-folk-festival-2015--2#/story .

Thanks!

So long,