[JakeShows] Providence Folk Festival on Sunday!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Aug 25 09:53:58 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I’m very excited to be hosting the Rhode Island Songwriters Association stage of the Providence Folk Festival this coming Sunday, and I hope you can come check it out.  My goal was to put together a completely new lineup of music, different from last year’s but just as good, and I think I succeeded; I think it’s a real tribute to RISA that that was possible.

The festival organizer, John Fuzek, is looking for some volunteers to man the merch table during the festival, and to show up early and help set up the stages and tents.  If you’re interested in either, you can reach John at <johnfuzek at netzero.net>.

It’s been a good summer.  I hope you’ve enjoyed yours too!

-jwgh

Sunday August 30 - PROVIDENCE FOLK FESTIVAL
----------------
WHEN: noon-6 pm
WHERE: Roger Williams National Memorial, 282 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02903

I’ll be hosting the Rhode Island Songwriters Association stage again this year!  To prepare for this, I listened to a bunch of music from RISA members, and picked the ones that I thought would make a great lineup.  It was a lot of fun, and I hope you enjoy the results!  The lineup for the RISA stage is:

* 12-12:30 - Jacob Haller
	http://music.jwgh.org/

* 12:40-1:10 - Marc Douglas Berardo
	http://www.marcdouglas.com/

* 1:20-1:50 - Michael Couto
	http://www.mikecouto.com/

* 2:00-2:30 - Lara Herscovitch
	http://www.laraherscovitch.com/

* 2:40-3:10 - Alissa Musto
	http://www.alissamusto.com/

* 3:20-3:50 - Carolyn Waters
	http://www.facebook.com/carolyn.waters.92

* 4:00-4:30 - Jan Luby
	http://www.janluby.com/

* 4:40-5:10 - Grace Rennick
	http://www.facebook.com/gracelyn.rennick

* 5:20-5:50 - Generations: Mike & Aleksi Glick
	http://www.generations-music.com/

As you would expect, the main stage also has a lot of great musicians.  I don’t know what the order of the acts will be, but I see that the following are booked.  The hosts of that stage will be Steve Allain and Tracie Potochnik of Cardboard Ox; Tracie sang on ‘Was The Moon Too Full?’ on my album ‘Time To Break Up The Band’, and has played some shows with me, so you might know her from that.  The acts on the main stage are:

* Cardboard Ox
	http://www.cardboardoxmusic.com/

* Sync or Swim
	http://www.sosnewport.com/

* Tiffany Rozenas
	http://www.tiffanyrozenas.com/

* Dan Lilley and the Keepers w/Amy Bedard
	http://www.facebook.com/DanLilleyTheKeepers

* The Rank Strangers
	http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Rank-Strangers/201999899835184

* Kala Farnham