[JakeShows] April shows: Farmers market, Songwriters in the Round, and open mike featured act

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Fri Apr 1 14:03:33 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I hope you’re enjoying the early spring.  In celebration, earlier this morning, I put out a special episode of ‘Tell Me About Your Song’, in which I analyze the Rhode Island state song (‘Rhode Island’s It For Me’) for around eight minutes.  If you’re interested, you can listen to it here:

	https://overcast.fm/+Bhg-yoLhA

You can hear the actual song, Rhode Island's It For Me, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ6lz5Fm1-8 .

In other news, you can now get my second album, 'Circumstantial Evidence', from the Free Music Archive:

	http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Jacob_Haller/

I believe I'll add my first album, 'Mistaken Identity', in a couple of weeks -- not sure what I'll do after that.

I've also got a few shows coming up this month that you may enjoy!

Saturday April 2 - FARMERS MARKET/ONLINE SHOW
----------------
WHERE: Hope Artiste Village, 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860
WHEN: 9 am-1 pm

I'll be playing for tips.  I plan to broadcast this live on the Internet via Periscope if you want to tune in - my Periscope page is at https://www.periscope.tv/jwghaller .

The requirements of the farmers market mean I won't be doing a lot of between-song banter or anything, so it might be best used as something to have on in the background as you do something else.

Thursday April 14 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
-----------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 7-8:30 pm
COVER: $5

I'll be hosting Songwriters in the Round. Diane Battistello, Dawn Kenney, and Fran Romasco will also be playing. We'll each perform three songs, one of which has to be on a theme picked by the previous month's audience. This month's theme is: "It’s not what it seems"

Thursday April 28 - OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 7:30 pm

I'll be the featured act at Don Tassone's open mike.  Signup for the open mike starts at 6:45 pm.

Have a great Spring!

Thanks,