[JakeShows] At the Mediator on Thursday, plus a couple of bits of news

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sun Apr 24 09:42:35 EDT 2016

Hey all,

I would normally have waited another week or so to send out one of these, but there were a couple of things of note that I wanted to put out there.

First, the makers of the great web comic Skin Horse asked me if they could use my song ‘Relatively Human’ in the Kickstarter video for a print collection of their work.

The recording is from my album ‘Circumstantial Evidence’, and was a first take, which means that I had not entirely worked out with the band what we were doing, and everyone sounds a little drunk as a result.  It makes me smile whenever I hear it (other people in the band may have different reactions) — but, anyway, I’m a big fan of Skin Horse, so I agreed without hesitation.  You can check out the video and the campaign at:

	https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/250007708/skin-horse-volume-6

In other news, I was asked to be on the film podcast ‘War Machine vs. War Horse’ to talk about the Johnny Cash biopic 'Walk the Line' and the Dixie Chicks documentary 'Shut Up & Sing’.  I think it was a good conversation and I had a fun time talking to the host, Michael Denniston.  You can listen to the resulting episode here:

	http://www.followingfilms.com/2016/04/war-machine-vs-war-horse-i-saw-light.html

So now that I’ve given you some things to listen to, on to the upcoming shows.  Here’s what I’ve got through the end of May.  I think I will also be doing a house show in Worcester at some point next month; I’ll send a follow-up when I have more details about that.

Thursday April 28 - OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
-----------------
WHEN: 7:15 pm
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI

I'll be the featured act at Don Tassone's open mike.  Sign up starting at 6:45 pm.  This is one of the longest-running open mikes in Rhode Island at this point, and there was a great article about it in American Songwriter a few years back: http://americansongwriter.com/2011/12/the-mediator-stage-goosebumps-and-great-music/

Saturday May 7 - FARMERS MARKET
--------------
WHEN: 9 am - 1 pm
WHERE: Hope Artiste Village, 1005 Main Street, Pawtucket, RI 02860

This will be my last time playing the Hope Artiste market this season!  I'll be playing for tips.  I plan to broadcast this live on the Internet via Periscope if you want to tune in - my Periscope page is at https://www.periscope.tv/jwghaller .

The requirements of the farmers market mean I won't be doing a lot of between-song banter or anything, so it might be best used as something to have on in the background as you do something else.

Saturday May 28
WHEN: 1-3 pm
WHERE: Brew'd Awakening Coffeehaus, 61 Market Street, Lowell, MA 01852

A little afternoon solo acoustic show.  I'll be playing for tips.  If you're in the area, stop by!

I hope you all are having a good Spring.  See you around!

Thanks,