[JakeShows] Too Tight Jug Band free online show Saturday! Kornflake album available! Other stuff!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Mar 17 23:38:31 EDT 2020

Hi all,

I hope that you all are making it through the week OK, and are keeping yourselves entertained. To help with that, see below!

The big one is:

Saturday March 21 — TOO TIGHT JUG BAND ONLINE
-----------------
* WHEN: 7 pm
* WHERE: Online at https://www.youtube.com/jwgh <https://www.youtube.com/jwgh>

The Too Tight Jug Band will play live online on YouTube! Tune in to hear us play classic jug band tunes, plus some more recent songs, including one or two that will be getting their debut here. We expect the show to last about an hour. Tune in at https://www.youtube.com/jwgh <https://www.youtube.com/jwgh> !

"But, Jake,” I hear you say, “That show is DAYS away. What if I want to hear some NEW MUSIC from you RIGHT NOW?” Well, in that case you are in luck, as there are a few things you can check out:

- NEW ALBUM FROM KORNFLAKE featuring ME:

In my last couple of updates, I’ve mentioned that Kornflake (of the Flopcast podcast, among other things) had me back her up on guitar for her brand new album, “I Don’t Know What You’re Talking About". That album is now online on CD Baby, and you can get yourself a digital copy at

	https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/kornflakejacob <https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/kornflakejacob>

Enjoy!

- NEW SONG: “STAY THE F*CK INSIDE"

My friend @girldetective on Twitter posted some tweets that she described as 'a children's book for these uncertain and trying times.’ I set them to music and you can hear the resulting song here:

	https://youtu.be/Jrbi0M_PuSg <https://youtu.be/Jrbi0M_PuSg>

Note, it contains ten instances of a certain swear — you can probably guess which one from the name of the song --, so, you know, there may be contexts where it might not be appropriate to play it without headphones.

- VIDEO OF MY MARCH 12 LIVESTREAM

I did an impromptu online show on March 12, after a show I was supposed to play in got cancelled, and you can view the whole thing here:

	https://youtu.be/jTctyKyV244 <https://youtu.be/jTctyKyV244>

This includes my covers of some of Kornflake’s songs, a bunch of originals, and covers of Andy Breckman and Gustafer Yellowgold songs. Enjoy!

- PODCAST EPISODES

This doesn’t have anything to do with my music, but there are a couple of episodes of new episodes of my ‘Love YA Like Crazy’ podcast about young adult fiction this month, and, if you’re looking for something to listen to, well, here’s your chance. Another episode should drop next week probably.

	http://loveyalikecrazy.libsyn.com/ <http://loveyalikecrazy.libsyn.com/>

The first is our discussion of Stephanie Perkins’s YA romance novel ‘Isla and the Happily Ever After’, and the second is a guest episode we recorded in 2017 for the Lifemark podcast, in which we discussed the Hallmark movie ’The Shunning’. You can hear bite-sized excerpts from the episodes on Instagram here:

	https://www.instagram.com/p/B9UPTBznC72/ <https://www.instagram.com/p/B9UPTBznC72/> - Isla and the Happily Ever After
	https://www.instagram.com/p/B9swM6-H91Z/ <https://www.instagram.com/p/B9swM6-H91Z/> - The Shunning

And I think that’s about that! Hope to see you online on Saturday. Stay safe!

Thanks,
Jacob Haller
http://music.jwgh.org/ <http://music.jwgh.org/>
http://jacobhaller.com/ <http://jacobhaller.com/>