[LEAPSECS] one signature brings UTC to US

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Fri Aug 10 04:57:43 EDT 2007

From: "Clive D.W. Feather" <clive at demon.net>
Subject: Re: [LEAPSECS] one signature brings UTC to US
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 09:50:23 +0100

> Magnus Danielson said:

> > But the summertime law which was created to fullfill the Swedish translation

> > of the EU directive on summertime says swedish normal time + 1h, which gives

> > UTC + 2h for summertime and UTC + 1h for normaltime. What the translators in

> > Brussles says has nothing to do with it.

> Not so, since the Swedish government have accepted the Directive.

> However, there isn't a problem: Sweden switches from UTC+1 to UTC+2 at

> 01:00:00 GMT (which is somewhere between 01:59:59 and 02:01:01 local time).

You are even missing the point. It was also prepared by the Swedish Govrement,
and I think they had their law-text written up as they wished it to be.

It *IS* UTC and switches on UTC time.

Don't complain on the Swedish realization and laws, complain on the incompetent
translators of EU instead. You are barking up the wrong tree here!

Cheers,
Magnus