[LEAPSECS] Time zones that are 15 minutes off (Was: Re:Time is changin in Venezuala)

James Maynard james.h.maynard at usa.net
Mon Sep 24 07:13:53 EDT 2007

>> Also, we already have several countries which is 15 or 30 min off,

> Lots of 30s, yes, but I don't thing there are any 15s left.

Actually, there are two time zones that are fifteen minutes off from being a
multiple of
one hour different from UTC:

1. Nepal (UTC + 06:45)
2. The Chatham Islands, southeast of New Zealand
(UTC + 12:45 when NZ is on standard time, UTC+ 13:45 when on Summer time)

Jim Maynard, K7KK
(from Salem, Oregon, but in New Jersey at the moment)