[LEAPSECS] TI incunabula

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Apr 8 11:47:08 EDT 2008

In message <CAE273B8-7505-478F-9F71-934698C52569 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>Oh yeah! I also heartily support Steve's implicit message here.

>Rather than trashing one timescale, let's just simply complete the

>proper system engineering started in the Nineteenth century and call

>any such new timescale "International Time".

It has always seemed very pretentious to me, that a timescale bound
tightly to a particular rotating rock was called "Universal".

I can live with International Time as a name, but would far prefer
to have it be Terrestial Time, so it names the rock in question.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe