[LEAPSECS] Schedule for success

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Dec 22 14:24:07 EST 2008

On Mon, 22 Dec 2008, Rob Seaman wrote:

> The fact that the mean solar rate differs from the SI rate is the whole

> enchilada. I have to put the Christmas lights on the tree, but you could

> search leapsecs for "secular" and "periodic" to locate my screed on this

> topic.

The mean length of year differs from the Gregorian calendar's average
length. Should we switch to the French Revolutionary Calendar to prevent
Christmas drifting away further and faster from the winter solstice?

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
NORTH UTSIRE SOUTH UTSIRE: NORTHWESTERLY 5 OR 6 BACKING SOUTHERLY 4 OR 5,