[LEAPSECS] Schedule for success

Rob Seaman seaman at noao.edu
Mon Dec 22 18:52:48 EST 2008

I guess the looming leap second is preying on everybody's mind :-)

By "whole enchilada", I meant the essence of the problem. Do you
disagree?

When the calendar drifts far enough away for some future potentate to
decree that something must be done, what will be done is the insertion
(or omission) of an integral number of days in an intercalary event.
The mechanism is clear, the policy is lacking. The ITU proposal is
lacking not just guidance on policy for the equivalent clock issue,
but fails to even speculate on options for a mechanism.

Rob
---