[LEAPSECS] Schedule for success

Jonathan E. Hardis jhardis at tcs.wap.org
Tue Dec 30 23:32:27 EST 2008

>In short, much of the dysfunctionality of the current scenario is a

>result of NOBODY being in charge of UTC. To say that the ITU-R is

>actually the owner of UTC is somewhat of a fiction, both in history

>and current practice.

Please rest assured that the same group of experts show up to both
the ITU WG7A meetings and the BIPM CCTF meetings. If for whatever
historical reason they have opted to seek consensus first within the
ITU, so be it. I really can't imagine them making a decision within
one body that they wouldn't also make in the other.

- Jonathan