[LEAPSECS] Trying a different angle

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Feb 14 09:04:08 EST 2008

In message <B71407E5-59C8-455A-94F6-61385D98E0EB at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>> civil danish time was fixes as "the mean solar time at 15 east long."

>The interpretation of your civil servant that NTP

>is disallowed sounds bogus to me since the transport mechanism for

>realizing the law(s) is (wisely) left as a matter of interpretation.

Ahh, but NTP isn't just a mechanism, it mandates UTC timestamps,
and thus it would be counter to Danish law.

And nobody can appearantly be bothered to change the shortest,
simplest and most incorrect law we have on the books in Denmark:

https://www.retsinformation.dk/Forms/R0710.aspx?id=83966

(The first 3 lines is the title of the King at the time :-)

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe