[LEAPSECS] Leap Sec vs Y2K

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Dec 12 14:36:13 EST 2010

In message <1292178523.24926.79.camel at localhost>, Paul Sheer writes:

>And is this 1000km radius precisely syncronized to all other 1000km

>radii around all airports in the world?

No, I said:

"Radar stitching requires 3msec synchronization and
timestamping, throughout the entire area being stitched,
often a radius of up to 1000 km."

Amongst your misrepresentations of my statement are:

1. "3msec" becomes "precisely syncronized"

2. "area being stitched" becomes "around all airports in the world"

>You are trying to paint an illusion that all clocks in the world tick

>over in unison.

No, I'm trying to point out that you are an ignoranmus in this context
with your "within some minutes is plenty" blanket statements.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe