[LEAPSECS] Leap Sec vs Y2K

Paul Sheer p at 2038bug.com
Sun Dec 12 16:31:58 EST 2010

> No, I'm trying to point out that you are an ignoranmus in this context

> with your "within some minutes is plenty" blanket statements.

If we misinterpret statements as axoims we will always be in a circle of
discussing what the statement excluded.

I am speaking for the 100's of millions of systems that still work fine
when their clocks go a little skew,
and also for the 99% of systems that still work fine when their clocks
go a LOT skew.

You are speaking for the handful of systems that break on a leap second.

I have a strong suspician that if someone put a gun to your head and
said "Poul-Henning, we are not getting rid of leap seconds, but we are
telling YOU to make sure those computers don't crash next December" that
you would find that Poul-Henning suddenly started asking all the right
questions and having all sorts of brain waves.

You are the most qualified to fix the problem.

So go do that instead of trying to convince others that we should change
our religious point of view.

-paul