[LEAPSECS] A consolidated approach.

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Dec 13 14:16:15 EST 2010

In message <20101213190904.GA1574 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

>On Mon 2010-12-13T18:52:18 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:

>> Actually, I'm pretty sure time is entirely independent of which

>> way you orient the Earth.

>It is barely a decade during which the literature and nomenclature of

>the astronomical community has explicitly recognized that truth.

It is sort of ironic that the proud disciples of Copernicus have
such a hard time letting go of geo-centrism ?

And what happened to "boldly go" ?

Shouldn't we discuss what we want from our timescale in the future,
rather than which 30 year old computers we will need to replace ?

Poul-Henning

...Who held the papertape with the ALGOL reduction programs for the
PERTH70 catalog in his hands just a few days ago :-)

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe