[LEAPSECS] An example

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Nov 2 14:37:11 EDT 2010

In message <3B33E89C51D2DE44BE2F0C757C656C88099AACDF at mail02.stk.com>, "Finklema
n, Dave" writes:

>My colleague, Sal Alfano, included in distribution observes with

>relevance that the state of Indiana in the U.S., legislated that Pi=3

>for convenience. Eliminating leap seconds for convenience is similar.

I am pretty sure that if you told a random sample of people that
"some scientists belive that some days should be one second long
or shorter than usual", they would compare that to the Pi=3 idea,
not the other way around.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe