[LEAPSECS] An example

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Nov 2 19:49:04 EDT 2010

In message <96CCC117-8E0B-4CD1-917D-96FD995C7D2B at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

>Proponents of this change don't appear to believe risks exist. If

>not, shouldn't it be straightforward to demonstrate this?

Such belief would probably be harder to muster, if just a single
credible case could be documented or formulated ?

So far the best I have seen is "We need to spend money on upgrading
our telescopes."

Since the people saying so have hard to get letters after their
names and regularly spend millions on new and fancy instruments,
normal people have a hard time seeing what the big deal is...

>But "somehow" is not what is on the table.

Yes, it is "somehow", as in "POSIX is right, TF.460 will be adjusted to
conform to POSIX".

That's not the "somehow" you're rooting for, but it is a "somehow" even then.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe