[LEAPSECS] An example

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Nov 2 20:37:46 EDT 2010

> But "somehow" is not what is on the table. The astronomers in this forum have not been unwilling to consider alternate "somehows". It is the ITU-R which is unwilling to debate the issues.

Please don't confuse Poul-Henning and myself for ITU-R apologists.
We've presented a wide range of remedies as well.

> Perhaps it seems that we've been fending off Poul-Henning and Warner all this time. Rather, they have been polite enough to engage in conversation. Remove the artificial crisis from the table and this will prove to be a more productive exercise.

I think this group has a wide range of views. There is a crisis, we'd
all agree. We disagree about the urgency and severity (and of course
the solutions).

I don't have any connection to the ITU-R. I just have implemented a
leap-second understanding system (several of them) and have the scars
from that to prove it.

Warner