[LEAPSECS] An example

p at 2038bug.com p at 2038bug.com
Wed Nov 3 12:40:29 EDT 2010

>> Just because we can't immediately see a reason, does not mean

>> that there is none. A lot will change in 100 years that even

>> the venerable PHK cannot foresee.

> So far, astronomers have messed with our timekeeping at least once

> every 20 years for the last 200 years, so I do think we have the

> necessary agility to fix any problems before they become insurmountable.

That "agility" is precisely what got us into the time mess we are now in.

You are risking making it EVEN worse.

You are performing the worst kind of soap box rant: you are saying
how bad things are; how they ought to change; how you know best that
this is so -- but then you fail to present an all-inclusive time-enduring
plan with all the details properly worked out.

Almost every human failure has begun with this kind of facile dialog.

-paul