[LEAPSECS] An example

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Nov 2 22:52:04 EDT 2010

In message <777400951-1288749388-cardhu_decombobulator_blackberry.rim.net-33140
7599- at bda950.bisx.prod.on.blackberry>, p at 2038bug.com writes:

>Just because we can't immediately see a reason, does not mean that there is

> none. A lot will change in 100 years that even the venerable PHK cannot

>foresee.

So far, astronomers have messed with our timekeeping at least once
every 20 years for the last 200 years, so I do think we have the
necessary agility to fix any problems before they become insurmountable.

Poul-Henning

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe