[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 53, Issue 12

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Apr 13 13:36:36 EDT 2011

I'm in the "everybody agreeing on a time" camp as well.

This is much more important than the time measuring an earth orientation, being a pure interval or anything else. If everybody agrees on the rules, and everybody follows them, we're in a much happier place.

Astronomers may disagree, and talk about synodic days, but DSL, China and operations at the poles demonstrate that the C in UTC is much more important to people's daily lives than the UT part.

Please note: this is an argument for everybody following the same standard, not for any agenda pushing what I may or may not like everybody to agree on.

Warner