[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 53, Issue 12

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Apr 13 13:43:46 EDT 2011

> ...bearing in mind that "everyone" includes the nearly seven billion people who are completely unaware that a

> discussion is occurring and who would be perplexed to understand that the idea here is that the clocks on their

> wrists, walls, computers, and bedside stands will have nothing whatsoever to do with the obvious diurnal cadence of

> their lives...

Rob,

Please define "nothing whatsoever" for us. I'm confused.

I agree they are unware of the discussion. Nor will they be affected
by the discussion.

To within an hour or so my wristwatch (civil time) does a great job
matching the sun (some sort of solar time). And give or take a few
hours (excluding those in polar regions), the same is true for the
other 7 billion people on the planet.

/tvb