[LEAPSECS] LEAPSECS Digest, Vol 53, Issue 13

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Wed Apr 13 16:47:29 EDT 2011

On Apr 13, 2011, at 12:39, Rob Seaman <seaman at noao.edu> wrote:

> ...bearing in mind that "everyone" includes the nearly seven billion people who are completely unaware that a discussion is occurring and who would be perplexed to understand that the idea here is that the clocks on their wrists, walls, computers, and bedside stands will have nothing whatsoever to do with the obvious diurnal cadence of their lives...

For "human perception" this minute difference will be completely lost in the noise compared to the seasonal changes. The "diurnal cadence" is also shifted significantly by moving, traveling, etc. Most places the sun isn't on the top of the sky at noon, anyway.

I think you'll find more people who accurately set their watches be surprised that every few years time jumps (seemingly randomly) by a second.

- ask

--
Ask Bjørn Hansen, http://askask.com/