[LEAPSECS] Crunching Bulletin B numbers

Paul Sheer p at 2038bug.com
Fri Feb 18 17:56:29 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-18 at 11:39 -0700, Warner Losh wrote:

> That's part of the compromise that I've put forward. Goal: publish them

> out 10-20 years. [...]

I agree with this proposal.

I think this proposal represents a significant milestone for this
mailing list and I hope it will be "flagged" as such.

It would be really nice if someone could put up a web page and allow
everyone on this list to indicate their "vote" on this proposal. It
would provide a lot of encouragement if people that do agree come
forward.

Any volunteers? Tom?

After this proposal gets adopted the problem is not yet entirely solved:

There is still the Posix malady. There has to be a way for Posix to
properly handle leap seconds in a way that is either compatible with
what applications do now, or for which there is a migration path to
correct behavior.

-paul