[LEAPSECS] Instant (86400 second Java class) [was Java:ThreeTen/JSR-310]

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Jan 31 11:46:08 EST 2011

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

> The idea that midday or midnight would cease to have the same meaning to

> an average person is horrid and I would suggest something that some

> politicians would get very worked up about.

> In other words, I flat out don't believe that the tinkering with time

> would stop simply because leap-seconds were stopped.

Remember that the politicians already have a mechanism to adjust their
local time to match the hours of daylight to their satisfaction. Time
zones are not going away.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/
HUMBER THAMES DOVER WIGHT PORTLAND: NORTH BACKING WEST OR NORTHWEST, 5 TO 7,