[LEAPSECS] tinkering with time ?

Daniel R. Tobias dan at tobias.name
Mon Jan 31 22:24:08 EST 2011

On 31 Jan 2011 at 15:59, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <12988684-B911-481B-B557-90E55CD736A4 at noao.edu>, Rob Seaman writes:

> >On Jan 31, 2011, at 1:07 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >Is there really a requirement to render the concept of "universal

> >time" meaningless? Or is UTC merely collateral damage from an

> >intellectually lazy campaign to "suppress TAI"?

> There is a desire to see computers work reliably together.

It's a rather blinkered view of things to think that the rest of the
world needs to change millennia of precedent in order to make things
smoother for computers, instead of the computers (and their
programmers and engineers) using their ingenuity to make things
better for the rest of humanity. I'm saying this despite being a
computer geek myself.

--
== Dan ==