[LEAPSECS] Get off my lawn!

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Jun 20 17:54:54 EDT 2011

On 20 Jun 2011, at 22:46, Ian Batten <igb at batten.eu.org> wrote:

> The UK academic community, both operationally and in terms of research funding, played more than lip service to (in particular) X.400(84) and X.400(88), and the careers of several high-quality researchers were arguably expended on a protocol stack that would never achieve critical mass. ISODE and PP are proof of that.

My mail relay is still called the PP switch and I think it is 20 years old this year. It hasn't run PP since 1997, though :-) The ISODE company still exists and still sells X.400 mail systems to government agencies that require a stricter security architecture than Internet mail provides. They seem to be doing quite well, too.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch <dot at dotat.at> http://dotat.at/