[LEAPSECS] Get off my lawn!

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jun 20 18:11:40 EDT 2011

In message <20110620215851.GH6591 at ucolick.org>, Steve Allen writes:

>On Mon 2011-06-20T21:51:16 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:

>My impression is that engineers who had to design working systems that

>could not tolerate leaps had long ago surmised that the international

>processes were too dysfunctional [...]

My impression: ---//--- that leap seconds were to dysfunctional [...]

It is a pretty pointless difference however: There is clearly
nobody who has the appetite to shift the fences between the various
paper tigers, in addition to herding cats on the leap second issue.

phk at FreeBSD.ORG | TCP/IP since RFC 956
FreeBSD committer | BSD since 4.3-tahoe