[LEAPSECS] BBC article

Steve Allen sla at ucolick.org
Tue Nov 15 18:46:38 EST 2011

On Tue 2011-11-15T21:06:10 +0000, Poul-Henning Kamp hath writ:

> With respect to the middle ground Warner mentions:

> In my colloquium at USNO, were some of the relevant people were in

> attendance, I raised that, and whoever it was, somebody in the

> audience wispered "not a chance" but not quite under their breath.

Yet at the RS meeting the "leap minute" was suggested.

I ponder if a "leap minute" is not "middle ground" or if the various
parties are not talking to each other.

Not talking about the big picture is what has led to this 40 year
long trainwreck of incompatible system presumptions.

--
Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> WGS-84 (GPS)
UCO/Lick Observatory--ISB Natural Sciences II, Room 165 Lat +36.99855